Monday, September 17, 2012

I've Got the Golden Ticket!


     Remember the original Charlie and The Chocolate Factory?  When that little boy goes around singing how he found the golden ticket?  Well, that has nothing to do with this post other than I found my daughter's old coin flash cards and that song went through my head.  Below you can see our state of the art storage system that kindly allows for loose, bent, and missing cards. 

 

  These are the original cards that helped my little girl learn how to count coins.  Here's another view.


    
    
     Honestly, the comment made by the substitute (see Flash...oh,oh) really got my mind going.  And it led to a life of torment for my kids.  During the summer, I would send them to Grandma's house packed with an arsenal of flash cards. 

     But, as you know, working and keeping up on your kid(s)' homework is enough of a challenge without adding the stress of making sure they are in fact completing the extra work you give them.  They will thank us when they're older, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment