Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Riding in Cars with Pancakes

Life as a working mom is so BUSY!  Do you have to get to work early?  And somehow get the kids fed, dressed, and then to Safekey or a sitter so you can be at work by 8 or 9 a.m.?

This is so very, very difficult.  I lived this life for the last 11 years.  I always felt a little guilty for rushing my kids out the door so early.  Waking kids up at 6 a.m. and trying to get them ready for the day is no cake walk, my friend.  I'm sure you know and understand.

Let me share a little tip with you that I learned along the way. 

If you have to get your kid up and out the door inhumanely early in the morning and you don't want them eating junk food at the cafeteria, try giving them finger foods they can eat in the car on the way to your destination.

This really was a life saver for me for years.  I would buy the healthiest frozen pancakes I could find, put them in the microwave for 30 seconds in the morning, stick them in a to go baggie with some sliced banana (or other fruit) and viola! breakfast made by mom.  This way, your little one gets something nutritious in her belly to start the school day. 

Now, I am not a wild organic, everything prepared fresh kind of person.  I use my microwave.  In fact, it probably was the only kitchen appliance I used effectively to cook for many years.  This tip is for the busy mom who is just trying to get by in her already fast paced life and feel a little bit better about herself for sending her kids off for a long day with something good in her belly.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment